Arriving in Paris in 1913, Georges Artemoff settled in La Ruche where he met Modigliani, Pascin and Soutine among others. Here he painted and worked as an interior designer in Montmartre's cafés and cabarets. In 1924, Artemoff travelled to Corsica where he went regularly until the early 1930s. There he worked on his Art Deco style sculptures, far from the influence of the Expressionists. He exhibited regularly at the Salon des Artistes Décorateurs. The present canvas, confidently executed with a strong line and bright palette, dates from this period.