Mariquita, a majestic cutter, was designed and built by William Fife, her first owner being Mr. A.K. Stothert of Kensington. Completed in May 1911, she was registered at 100 tons gross (60 net) and measured 82 feet in length with a 17 foot beam. Stothert enjoyed good sport with her until the Great War began in 1914, at which point she was laid up for the duration of hostilities. Sometime during the War, she was sold to Finn Bugge of Tonsberg (Norway) who renamed her Maud (IV) but she returned to British ownership in 1922 when Mr. Henry Garrett of Kensington acquired her and restored her original name. Thereafter retaining her christened name through numerous changes of ownership, she even suffered the ignominy of becoming a houseboat after the Second World War before finally being rescued and restored to her former glory.