(Probably) Anonymous sale; Zoeterwode, 19 April 1775, lot 13 (50 guilders to Neuwman).
(Possibly) J. van de Velden; his sale, Amsterdam, 3 December 1781, lot 31 (33 guilders to Yver).
Hans Ludwig Larsen, Wassenaar (1892-1937), by 1936;
Loaned by Susanne Menzel Larsen (1911-2001) to the De Lakenhal Museum, Leiden, 6 July, 1939;
Confiscated by the German authorities following the occupation of The Netherlands, after May 1940;
Sale; Van Marle and Bignell, the Hague, 25 January, 1943, lot 35;
Acquired for the Sonderauftrag Linz by Dr. Erhard Göpel (Linz no. 2772);
Recovered by the Monuments Fine Arts and Archives Section from the Salt Mines at Alt Aussee (Alt Aussee no. 2746)
and transferred to the Central Collecting Point, Munich, 12 July, 1945 (MCCP no. 4009);
Transferred to the Stichting Nederlandsch Kunstbezit, The Netherlands, 15 April, 1946 (NK 1441);
Restituted to the heirs of Hans Ludwig Larsen, 2014.
PROPERTY RESTITUTED TO THE HEIRS OF HANS LUDWIG LARSEN
O. ter Kuile, Seventeenth-century North Netherlandish still lifes, Amsterdam and The Hague, 1985, pp. 114-115, no. VI-26.
Old master paintings. An illustrated summary catalogue. Rijksdienst Beeldende Kunst/The Netherlandish Office for the Fine Arts, Zwolle and The Hague, 1992, p. 134, no. 1084.
The Hague, Schilderijengalerij Prins Willem V, 1983-1995, on loan from the Instituut Collectie Nederland.
Delft, Stedelijk Museum Het Prinsenhof, 1995, on loan from the Instituut Collectie Nederland.