Please note the following provenance for this lot:
Presumably commissioned by Robert Grosvenor, 1st Marquess of Westminster (1767-1845), and by descent to
Lady Ursula Grosvenor (1902-1978); Sotheby's, London, 23 March 1966, lot 146 (304 gns. to the present owner).
PROPERTY FROM A PRIVATE COLLECTION (LOTS 45 AND 156)
Wrexham, Art Treasures Exhibition of North Wales & Border Counties, from 22 July 1876 (according to a label on the frame).