One of the three 'Bellerophon' class 'dreadnought' battleships ordered in 1906, H.M.S. Superb was built by Armstrongs at Elswick, launched on 7th November 1907 and completed in May 1909. Displacing 22,102 tons (fully loaded) and measuring 526 feet in length with an 82 foot beam, her main armament consisted of 10-12in. guns and she and her two sisters were the first battleships to be designed with anti-torpedo bulkheads. Commissioned into the 1st Division of the Home Fleet upon completion, by the time the War began in 1914 she was part of the 1st Battle Squadron (BS). Present at Jutland as flagship to the 4th BS, she later served in the Mediterranean before being placed in Reserve in 1919 and subsequently scrapped under the Washington Treaty in 1922.