The prime version of this picture (Royal Collection, Hampton Court; see Sir O. Millar,The Tudor, Stuart and Early Georgian Pictures in the Collection of her Majesty the Queen, London, 1963, p. 122, no. 246, illus. 117) is thought to have been painted in 1677 and, although the canvas has since been reduced, the original composition is recorded in the circa 1684 mezzotint by Alexander Browne. The present version shows the entire composition as seen in the mezzotint. Other versions and copies are recorded at Drayton and Berkeley Castle.