Please note that this painting is being sold from the collection of the Late Peter Ward-Jackson, curator at the Victorian & Albert Museum, London, between 1948 and 1976.
The provenance should read as follows and not as stated in the catalogue entry:
By descent in the family of the artist until
Sir Philip Panton (†); Christie's, London, 20 April 1951, lot 6 (26 gns to Arcade Gallery).
Peter Ward-Jackson, and by descent to the present owner.