According to the Archives of the Uhrenmuseum Glashütte, the movement, dial and hands of the present watch were sold to Charles William Schumann in New York on 6 June 1867. The gold case was added locally.
It is a fine and well-preserved example of an early Lange keywound watches. It is fitted with Lange's first three quarter plate movement which later became typical for Glashütte movements. For customs reasons, the American retailer Charles Schumann in New York used to order the movements only (mostly at a special price of 145 Marks). The cases were produced in the US following the Glashütte models.