According to the Archives of Audemars Piguet, the movement of the present watch was made in 1943. It was then encased and sold in New York on 8 September 1959.
A similar watch bearing the consecutive number 46932 is prominently illustrated and described in Audemars Piguet by Gisbert L. Brunner, Christian Pfeiffer-Belli, Martin K. Wehrli, second edition, p. 247, pl. 346. It is interesting to note that watch number 46932 was sold in this saleroom on 14 May 2007, lot 330.