According to the Archives of Audemars Piguet, the present watch was made in 1995 and sold on 20 June 1995.
The present watch, numbered 01, is part of the celebrated "John Shaeffer" series of complicated wristwatches in cushion-shaped cases, launched in the 1990s. It is furthermore in new old stock condition.
From 1906 until the 1920s, Audemars Piguet manufactured approximately thirty-five minute repeating wristwatches, including the cushion-shaped minute repeating wristwatch made for John Wallace Shaeffer, Vice President of the Allied Chemical Corporation, located in Morristown, New Jersey. Sold at auction in 1989, this famous watch is presently in the collection of the Audemars Piguet Museum and served as inspiration for the firm's limited edition "John Shaeffer" series.