Accompanied by a mahogany deck box and copies of the ledger and correspondence.
According to a Royal Observatory letter dated July 31st 1871, this watch was purchased by the Admiralty in 1858. From 1871 it was to be used on Government service, suitably marked with a Broad Arrow. On September 10th 1873 it was sold to the War Office, and then transferred to The Controller, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, (the army) and struck in the books in June 1886.
We are indebted to The National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London for their valuable assistance with researching this watch.