Golay Fils & Stahl
Founded in 1837 by the watch and clock maker Golay-Leresche at 31, quai des Bergues in Geneva, the family run company specialized in the production of high quality watches for which they obtained various medals and awards. They quickly became an important asset to Geneva's economy and were recognizable amongst the best watch manufacturers of Switzerland, both nationally and internationally.
Their products comprised highly complicated watches such as an 18K gold openface minute repeating perpetual calendar watch with phases of the moon, sunrise, sunset and equation of time, made circa 1910 for the Maharaja of Patiala.
To honour the firm and their fine watches, masterpieces signed Golay Fils & Stahl from an important private collection were exhibited in the Musée de l'Horlogerie et de l'Emaillerie in Geneva from 26 May 2000 to 16 January 2001 "Les Heures Précieuses, Golay Fils & Stahl, Genève 1837 - 1940".