According to the Archives of Omega the present watch was shipped on 19.07.1963 to Peru.
Formally established since 1950, the Fuerza Aerea del Peru (FAP) ordered a variety of instruments from commercial manufacturers, including wristwatches. The very first official supplier was Omega, starting in 1958. The watches available to the members of the Air Force were featured in the Fuerza's catalogue of "functional watches for aviation". The FAP only received a small number of these watches that were issued to pilots and high officials, making them extremely rare and collectable. They are distinguished by the, "FAP" engraving on the case back.