With Omega Certificat de Marche with original envelope and original fitted brown presentation box.
Examples of the celebrated Omega Chronometer still retaining the
original Certificat de Marche are exceedingly rare.
According to the Archives of Montres Omega, the present watch was delivered to the Swiss market on 12 December 1944.
It is fitted with the famous calibre 30 mm., designed by Henri Kneuss and launched in 1939 which would mark the history of watchmaking for a quarter of a century. The chronometer version of this movement, now called 30 SC T2 RG, beat numerous records at the Neuchâtel, Geneva and Kew Observatory Contests and was considered the most precise wristwatch calibre ever tested. Calibre 30 continued to make its mark until 1967, the last year of the competitions.
Calibre 30 and different "Chronometer" models are described and illustrated in Omega Saga by Marco Richon, pp. 138, 139 and 773.