With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with bracelet in yellow gold in 1955 and its subsequent sale on 20 February 1956. Furthermore accompanied with fitted presentation box and outer packaging.
The present watch is a wonderful example of the landmark reference 2526, the attractive ensemble of traditional enamel dial with applied gold indexes combined with the original "Ponti Gennari" bracelet rendering it a trophy for the discerning watch collector. Fresh to the market, it further charms by virtue of its very good overall condition.
The extraordinary gold bracelet of highest quality is the most lavish version used for this model, Ponti Gennari's celebrated type "G" with the central links resembling scallops. Ponti, Gennari & Cie., jewellers in Geneva, are renowned for their high quality watch bracelets and chains which were supplied to the most important watch manufacturers, notably Patek Philippe. Interestingly, the company's building at Rue des Vieux Grenadiers 7 in Geneva is today the home of the prestigious Museum Patek Philippe.
For a note on reference 2526 see lot 93 in this auction.