With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1966 and its subsequent sale on 11 January 1966.
The large Calatrava model reference 570 was introduced to the market in 1938, featuring either subsidiary or sweep centre seconds, the latter with calibre 12 SC or 27 SC. It was made in stainless steel, stainless steel and gold, yellow, pink gold, white gold and platinum.
Fresh to the market, it is furthermore preserved in very good overall condition. The watch impresses with its crisp case and the remarkably well defined bezel and lugs. Its simplicity, elegance in the design, together with the rarity of the case material and the large diameter, renders it as one of the exclusive vintage "time only" wristwatches from the Patek Philippe production.
Other examples of reference 570 are described and illustrated in Patek Philippe Museum Patek Philippe Watches, Volume II, pp. 331-335.