Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with enamel dial in 1925 and its subsequent sale on 10 April 1926. It has never been offered in public before.
The particularity of the present watch are its unusual triangular-shaped lugs instead of the more commonly wire lugs, normally found in these early watches.
Theo Brinkmann, the youngest of 10 siblings, was originally from Westphalia, Germany and attended the Royal Academy in Glashütte, Sachsen, home of Germany's most famous watchmaking companies. He then worked as a watchmaker for Patek Philippe in Geneva before moving towards the end of the 19th century to Naples where he opened in 1900 his own workshop, repairing and selling watches.
His shop located in the Via Toledo had an immediate success and amongst his clients was Achille Lauro, mayor of Naples. Theo Brinkmann and his wife had two children, Giovanna Maria and Theo junior, both born in Naples. During World War II the Brinkmanns had to leave Italy and returned only in 1953 when they opened a new shop at Piazza Municipio, now not only retailing fine watches but also fine jewelery.
Today, Brinkmann is managed by three grandchildren of Theo Senior.