With a Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1951 and its subsequent sale on June 28th of the same year.
Patek Philippe commenced production of the reference 2441 in 1948. Manufacture continued until at least 1955 with a total of approximately only 200 pieces made, the majority cased in yellow gold. This model, often referred to as the Eiffel Tower remains easily identifiable by its distinct flared design, resembling the base of the tower.
A similar model is illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches, by O. Patrizzi, Volume 2, p. 144, pl. 617.