With Patek Philippe Certificate of Origin dated 12 September 2007, Attestation dated the same day, instructions and commemorative medal inscribed Inauguration Des Nouveaux Salons Patek Philippe 1839 - 1892 - 2006 and Philippe Stern - Thierry Stern à l'occasion de la restauration de nos salons rue du Rhône, Novembre 2006.
Reference 5565 was made in a limited edition of 300 examples in stainless steel.
Inspired by Patek Philippe's celebrated reference 565 from 1938, reference 5565 - which was exclusively available in the Geneva Salons - features a stainless steel case and the highly attractive two-tone silvered dial. Reminiscent of the dials from the period, it combines a vertical satin finish centre combined with applied black nickel-plated gold Arabic and baton numerals. Its movement is the famous calibre 215 PS, developed in the early 1970s and much appreciated by collectors. The design of the sleek case is derived from the famous reference 565, the screw back is decorated with an engraving of Patek Philippe's building on Rue du Rhône and the inscription "1839-1892-2006", commemorating three key dates in the firm's history:
1839: foundation of the watchmaking company Patek, Czapek & Cie at Quai des Bergues 29, Geneva
1892: following the move to Rue du Rhône in 1853, renovation and modernizing of the building under the direction of the celebrated architect Jacques-Elisée Goss
2006: restoration of the historical premises and inauguration of the newly renovated Salons Patek Philippe at Rue du Rhône 41.