With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with diamond indexes in 1937 and its subsequent sale on 24 June 1938.
This highly attractive example of a reference 425 in platinum with diamond-set dial, confirmed by the Extract from the Archives, is distinguished by its very good overall condition.
Manufacture of reference 425 was launched in 1934 and remained in production until 1960 when it was replaced by the slightly larger reference 2461. Together with the legendary Calatrava reference 96 it was one of Patek Philippe's most popular wristwatches, its typical Art Deco architectural design serving as inspiration for the firm's other rectangular models of the time. It was fitted with the celebrated rectangular-shaped calibre 9-90, the finest non-circular movement of the time.