With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch movement and enamel dial with Breguet numerals in 1916 and subsequent sale without case on 27 June 1917.
It is thought that this watch was formerly the property of Burton G. Tremaine (1863-1948). The American entrepreneur Tremaine and his business partner Franklin S. Terry (1862-1926), both owners of lamp factories, joined their two companies in 1901 to form the National Electric Lamp Association, also known as NELA. The firm later became the main lamp manufacturing branch of General Electric Company.
Around 1913 Nela was relocated from Cleveland to the countryside where Nela Park, the very first industrial park in the world, had been constructed. In 1975, the park was listed as a "Historic Place" in the U.S. Department of the interior's National Register.
Burton G. Tremaine and his wife Emily Hall Tremaine were passionate collectors of 20th century art and owners of a collection of over 400 "museum worthy" works of art. It is safe to assume that, given the Tremaine's passion, the present watch displaying an engraved classical scene was made by special order for Mr. Tremaine.
Chrysoprase is the most valued of the chalcedony, a member of the quartz family. The translucent bluish green stone derives its colour from the presence of nickel.