With Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1909 and its subsequent sale on 22 September 1910. The Extract states that the original case was replaced by the current one, bearing the number 605'696, during a servicing in the Patek Philippe workshops in 1927.
The present watch is an unusual example of Patek Philippe's 1920s production during which individualism and personal preferences were more commonly accommodated than in the post war era. In fact, the dial design features two smooth plaques, one reserved for Patek Philippe's signature, the other one for E. Gübelin retailer name. Consequently, one can assume that this watch was a special request, highlighted by the elegant two-tone gold case and, again, the retailer's signature engraved on the case back and inside the case.