Accompanied by Patek Philippe duplicata of the Certificate of Origin and Extract from the Archives confirming the production of the present watch with silvered dial, applied steel Breguet numerals and tachometer scale in 1941 and its subsequent sale on 13 October 1941. The duplicata of the Certificate of Origin confirms that this watch was sold to Shreve & Co., one of Patek Philippe's retailers in the US. Furthermore delivered with the photocopy of a letter signed by Mr. Harsch of Patek Philippe Geneva, dated 2 October 1985, in which Mr. Harsch states that the watch had been overhauled in their workshops in 1985: "it has been cleaned and adjusted to 8 positions; based on its like new condition no further work was necessary".
The production of the simple chronograph with reference 130 was launched in 1934. The model was produced in different precious metal versions as well as in stainless steel. It is interesting to note that the lugs of the stainless steel version are different from the yellow, pink or white gold ones. Their slightly thicker but shorter design gives the watch a rather tonneau-shaped design and a more sportive, robust and masculine look.
The present watch has never been offered in public before and is believed to be part of a series of around ten watches of this reference in stainless steel with Breguet numerals to appear at auction to date. Since its overhaul at Patek Philippe workshops in Geneva in 1985, it has remained locked away in the present owner's vault until its consignment to this auction and is still retaining the protective sticker to the back.
With its razor sharp edges, the immaculate satin finish to the case enhanced by the attractive dial with steel Breguet numerals, its private provenance and freshness to the market this watch represents a true collector's piece.