The name "Verger Frères", a synonym for watches, clocks and jewellery of unparalleled creativity and design, inevitably evokes the ever popular Art Deco period. The celebrated house was founded in Paris in 1872 by the talented jeweler and watchmaker Ferdinand Verger (1851-1928). His sons Georges and Henri, as gifted as their father, joined the firm which, in 1911, was renamed Verger Frères, introducing the famous trademark "VF" in a lozenge-shaped stamp, the acknowledged mark for the most esteemed Art Deco pieces. In the years to follow, the manufacture reached its peak, excelling in the production of the most creative designs of the period. Verger Frères creations are distinguished by their innovative use of precious materials and the outstanding workmanship of their watches, clocks, stands, jewellery and frames. Although often associated with Vacheron Constantin, Verger also worked with all of the great houses of the time, among them Van Cleef & Arpels, Janesich, Lacloche, Ostertag, Jaeger and Boucheron in Europe, and Tiffany, Black, Starr & Frost, Spalding & Co. and J. E. Caldwell in the United States, just to name some.