This sheet records a group of figures at the left of Sodoma's fresco The Presentation in the Temple in the Oratory of San Bernardino, Siena (see A. Hayum, op. cit., no. 21, fig. 52). It is known to have been in the collection at Wilton House by least 1773 (the date on the album which contained the drawing until it was sold in 1917), but it was probably purchased much earlier by either Philip Herbert or Thomas Herbert, who both added significant parts of the collection at Wilton House. Borenius, who bought the drawing in the 1936 sale for Lord Harewood, may have acquired it to accompany the picture by Sodoma showing Saint Jerome which was already in the Harewood collection (see T. Borenius, Catalogue of the Pictures and Drawings at Harewood House, and Elsewhere in the Collection of the Earl of Harewood, Oxford, 1936, no. 64, pl. XXI).