These three watercolours are designs for the interior renovations for Fort Belvedere, which, until The Hon. Gerald and Mrs. Angela Lascelles took over the residence in 1956, had lain empty for some nine years. The core of the original 18th century structure was kept in tact and it was the older part of the house in which the Hon. Gerald and Mrs. Angela Lascelles decided to live with their son, Henry. Though having 30-40 rooms, Angela Lascelles remarked at the time "It will be reduced to the equivalent of an eight-bedroom house, including quarters for three or four staff. It will be a very manageable home". Indeed, Angela was known to have devoted the majority of her time to the renovation and subsequent upkeep of the estate and the decoration and improvement of the house.