1935 CLEMENT TALBOT 65 SPORTS SALOON
Registration No. BVM 355
Chassis No. 39133
Engine No. AX 2000
Black with fawn leather interior
Right hand drive
The Talbot 65, or 14/45 as it was known, was a highly important vehicle in the history of Talbot, and was designed by the Chief Engineer, George Roesch. Launched in 1926 it proved to be a light, roomy car, high reving with plenty of power and an ample speed of 60-65mph. This engine went on to form the basis for all the larger models - the 75, 90, 95, 105 and 110 which produced many competition successes.
This car was one of the last produced before the Sunbeam influence. It has been in the same ownership since April 1948. The owner was formally a senior aircraft engineer and later ran a specialist motor engineer's business and as such took great care in its maintenence. During the past six years the car has not been driven and kept on blocks in a garage. The engine has however been regularly turned and with the purchase of a new battery before the sale it is hoped to be in running condition. The bodywork and chassis are generally very sound owing to underseal and red oxide. The original leather upholstery is under the seat covers and the dash board is in a good condition with its full set of instruments. The bumpers are beginning to rust and would benefit from rechroming and the sunroof does not open (it appears to have been sealed before the war).