1936 TRIUMPH L2/1 249cc MOTORCYCLE
Registration No. BVC 594 (not currently registered)
Frame No. L 1291
Engine No.1 L6 1937
The Coventry Triumph works was founded by two Germans, Maurice Schulte and Siegfried Bettmann in 1897 and initially produced bicycles. In 1902 they made their first motorcycle which had a 220cc Minerva engine.
This example is very much a restoration project which has not been ridden for many years and is in a poor condition. We are told that it has only has one owner from new and an old syle log book indicates that it was last used on the road in 1957. It is largely complete although the seat is the incorrect type and unattached.