Found near the site of Drayton Manor, between it and St. Mary's Church, Drayton Beauchamp, near Aylesbury, Bucks. It is surmised that it may have belonged to an occupant or visitor to the Manor, there being no other major houses in the vicinity.
The Manor was demolished in 1760. the Lordship of Drayton was first recorded in the 11th Century during the time of Edward the Confessor. In 1364, Edward III, granted the Lordship to his shield bearer, Thomas Cheney and it stayed in the family until the 18th Century. The Cheneys were at one time reputed to be the richest family in England and provided the Speaker of the Houses of Parliament during the reign of Henry IV. Later in the 15th Century the Cheneys acquired the more important Lordship of Chesham Bois and thus it cannot be ascertained whether or not they were resident at Drayton Manor at the time of the loss.