William Douglas Telfer was born in Larkhall, Lanarkshire, on 26th October 1925 and he joined St.Mirren from Burnbank Athletic in 1943. With the Saints he won a Scottish League Cup runners-up medal in 1956 before being transferred to Rangers in November 1957 for (10,000. He played for Rangers on over 90 occasions and made a single full Scotland International appearance against Wales in season 1953-54. He left Rangers in October 1960 and joined Queen of the South, thereafter becoming manager at Albion Rovers from August 1962 to 1965.
The following three lots were awarded to
(See also lot 224)