Whilst visiting England in 1826 Carl Friedrich Schinkel (d. 1841) saw a bronze reproduction of the Warwick Vase in a Birmingham factory, owned by Sir Edward Thomason. Schinkel went on to copy the vase and exhibit a version, with base and lid, in the Berlin Academy, 1827. In the same year a cast-iron version from the Royal Iron Foundry was exhibited in the Academy. Smaller versions were later cast.
The white marble Warwick vase was discovered by Gavin Hamiliton in 1771, and purchased by the Earl of Warwick soon after its discovery.
A cast-iron model of the Warwick vase, cast by the Royal Ironworks at Gleiwitz or Sayn, was sold Christie's, London, 16 May 1996, lot 265.