The three-legged lamp had a very limited production. It was originally designed to fulfill a very specific function in The Glass House. Other examples were produced for the Davis House (Wayzata, MN, 1952), the Tremaine House Barn (Madison, CT, 1952) and the Oneto, later Miller, House (Irvington-on-Hudson, NY, 1952). See Hilary Lewis and John O'Connor, Philip Johnson, The Architect in His Own Words, 1994, pp. 28-29, pp. 32-33 for interiors of The Glass House showing the four-legged variant of this lamp design; Henry-Russell Hitchcock, Architectural Review, "Philip Johnson", April, 1955, p. 240 for an illustration of the three-legged lamp for the Tremaine Barn; and Martin Eidelberg, ed. Design 1935-1965, What Modern Was, 1991, p. 204 for a full discussion and details.