The Royal arms of Princess Charlotte (d. 1817), were granted to her in 1814 by her grandfather, George III. The present representation was commissioned for the Bond Street Linen warehouse of M. Hilhouse, who held the Royal appointment, from the Artificial Stone Manufactory of Mrs. Eleanor Coade (d. 1821). The commission is noted in the accounts of William Croggon, manager of the Lambeth Manufactory, for 12th April 1814 - 'Mr. Hilhouse, 12 New Bond Street. The Princess of Wales's Arms. 4' high. 20 gns.' (see A. Kelly Mrs Coade's Stone, Upton-upon-Severn, 1990, pp. 411).