A comparative design of this bronze tripod is taken from the Antique prototype in the collection of the Museo Archelogico Nazionale, Naples. The classic stand proved popular in the 19th century and foundries such as Chiurazzi produced many copies. One such is illustrated in the Chiurazzi late 19th century catalogue, number 150 and entitled Trépid isiaque.
An example was manufactured for use at the baptism of the King of Rome in 1811. Another presented to Empress Marie-Louise by the people of Milan, was made entirely of ormolu and lapis-lazuli. The latter example is illustrated in Vergoldete Bronzen, Ottomyer/Proschel, Klinkhardt & Biermann, pl.5.9.1