A CONTINENTAL SILVER DISH, SALVA
APPARENTLY UNMARKED, PROBABLY PORTUGUESE, MID-18TH CENTURY
Shaped circular, the textured border chased with foliage, inner border of ovolos and beads, spirally fluted around a raised centre chased with shells and scrolls around a central flower-head
16 ½ in. diameter (42 cm.)
32 oz. (992 gm.)
Gregory de Ligne Gregory (1786-1854) of Harlaxton Manor, Lincolnshire, by bequest to
Sir Glynne Earle Welby-Gregory 3rd Bt. (1806-1875) and then by descent.