The wooden cutter Lufra was designed by G.L. Watson and built by P.R. Maclean at Roseneath in 1894. Ordered for Mr. Robert Laidlaw, she was registered at 12 tons and measured 36 feet in length with a 9 foot beam. Carrying, 1,170 square feet of sail by Ratsey & Lapthorne, her canvas was renewed in 1904 and again in 1912 although by 1921 she had also been fitted with a 2-cylinder paraffin motor. Still afloat, after several changes of ownership, in 1948, she disappears from record around 1950.