The iron screw schooner Catarina was designed and built on the Clyde by Robert Steele at Greenock in 1880. Registered at 455 tons gross (309½ net), she measured 186½ feet in length with a 26 foot beam and was powered by one of her builder's own compound engines. Subsequently owned by the Duke of Sutherland, who renamed her Sans Peur, in 1896 she was sold to Mr. W.A. Johnstone who restored her original name which she carried until renamed again, this time Goizeko-Izarra, early in the twentieth century. By 1914 she had passed into the ownership of A.J. Drexel of Philadelphia who renamed her Sayonara and who, since he kept her at Southampton, allowed her to be used for war service as an auxiliary patrol yacht from 1915 until released in October 1918. Thereafter disappearing from record, she was probably judged not worth reconditioning for peacetime use and subsequently scrapped.