The iron steam yacht Lady Beatrice was designed by W.C. Storey and built by Ramage & Ferguson at Leith in 1885. Registered at 245 tons gross (159 net and 341 Thames), she measured 152 feet in length with a 22 foot beam and was rigged as a screw schooner. Equipped with a compound inverted 2-cylinder 60hp. engine manufactured by her builders, her sails were by Lapthorn & Ratseys and, unusually for that early date, she was fitted throughout with electric lighting. In 1906, having previously been sold and renamed Toinette II and then Aroc, she was purchased by Mr. J. Rosenbaum of Chicago, Illinois, who rechristened her Emblanche. After only four years, she was sold again, this time to Juan Alfonsica of San Domingo who renamed her for the fifth time. Finally known as Old Nassau, she disappears from record after 1914, possibly a casualty of war but more likely scrapped due to age.