Jean-Franois De Belle, matre in 1781, established his workshop on the Rue Saint-Honor.
Dubuisson, emailleur from 1795, established his workshop on the Rue de la Huchette. From 1812-20, he moved his workshop to Rue de la Calandre.
Typical of time pieces produced under the Revolutionary government, this clock has an outer Arabic calender ring for a month of 30 days. It is interesting to note that De Belle served on the jury that deliberated this new time system in 1793.