It is understood that this name plate was removed from the office door of Thomas Andrews' Harland & Wolff office in the 60's shortly before the building was demolished
Thomas Andrews was the chief architect of R.M.S. Titanic. It was normal for him to travel with any of the yards' new vessels so that any problems could be troubleshot efficiently on return. Titanic being no exception, he foundered with his ship on her maiden voyage, April 15th 1912.