The arms are those of the Dutch families De Famars from Amsterdam and Vriesen from Zwolle. It is likely that this service was commissioned on the occasion of the wedding between Johan Wilhelm de Famars and Mechteld Johanna Geertruid Vriesen in 1752. De Famars last post in the army was Lieutenant General of the cavalry from 1767 till 1798. See C.J.A. Jörg and J. van Campen, op. cit., p. 309, pl. 364.