19 November 1996
A famille rose part tea service,
Painted with a central coat-of-arms surmounted by a count's coronet between scattered sprays of small flowers, below garlands of similar flowers suspended from a narrow iron-red and gilt wave-pattern border, comprising:
- a globular teapot and cover, 13.5cm. high
- a circular butter-tub and cover, 12.5cm. diam.
- an U-shaped bowl and cover, 14.5cm. diam.
- an U-shaped bowl (cover missing), 8.4cm. diam.
- a circular lobed spoon-tray, 13cm. diam.
- a saucer-dish, 20cm. diam.
- a set of six cups and saucers (cracks, chips) (18)
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
As Christie’s offers 178 works from his personal collection, the illustrator of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory offers us a glimpse of his creative process
Christie’s is auctioning some of Thomas Chippendale's most iconic designs, 300 years since the birth of Britain’s most famous furniture maker