The arms are those of Burton, Derbyshire
The mark WH, star above, pellet in annulet below was attributed to William Harrison by Gerald Taylor. A tazza of the same date and maker as the porringer was exhibited in 1929 at Queen Charlotte's Loan Exhibition of Old Silver at Seaford House, no. 162. A salver with this mark is illustrated in Timothy B. Schroder, The Gilbert Collection of Gold and Silver, 1988, pp. 116-120.