Built by Camell Laird of Birkenhead, the Shaw Savill & Albion Liner Corinthic was the name-ship for the 'Corinthic' class, consisting of TSS's Athenic, Gothic and Ceramic. Serving on the Shaw Savill's Liverpool -- New Zealand route, these liners took their names from earlier White Star passenger liners. Corinthic herself was launched in May 1946. Measured at 15,682 tons, with a length of 160 feet and beam of 71 feet, the Corinthic could carry her 85 first class passengers, along with substantial cargo at a speed of 14 knots. She was scrapped at Kaohsiung in 1969.