Angelo Cheloni is recorded in Florence in the 1860s with a workshop on 26, via dell'Albero. In 1873 he relocated to 24, via dei Servi, and finally in 1878 to 2, via della Colonna, where he remained until the end of the Century. Cheloni made his debut at the national exhibition of Florence in 1861, continuing on to exhibit in Paris in 1867 and 1878, and in Milan in 1881.
Cheloni's commissions included the decoration of a salon at the villa of Pratolino ordered from prince Paolo Demidoff during the 1870s, and the furnishings of a Jewish Temple in Florence in the 1880s. For the latter, he carved an ark in walnut with colonettes and nine Mooresque arches. (see S. Chiarugi, Botteghe di Mobilieri in Toscana, Florence, 1994, p. 437).
For an illustration of a Renaissance style carved box by Cheloni, dated 1876, see C. Payne, 19th Century European Furniture, Woodbridge, 1981, p. 397.