Henry Dasson (1825-1896) established his business at 106, Rue Vielle-du-Temple. He was reknowned for the exceptional standard of the ormolu mounts that he used which had a high quality of mercurial gilding. He specialized in copies of Louis XIV, XV and XVI furniture, but he also manipulated 18th century designs to his own taste. He exhibited pieces at the Expositions Universelles in 1878 and 1889, when he received a Grand Prix Artistique for his display.
A similar cabinet by Henry Dasson, dated 1882, is illustrated in C. Payne, 19th Century European Furniture, Woodbridge, 1989, p.288.
A similar pair by the same maker was sold in these Rooms on 26th February 1998, lot 156.
A similar single Vitrine was offered in these Rooms on 29th February 1996, lot 125.