Although tables finished on all four sides are exceptionally unusual, they do exist in the 18th Century, as can be seen for instance on the pair of oak sideboard-tables with marble slabs commissioned for Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire by Sir Nathaniel Curzon, 5th Bt. and later 1st Baron Scarsdale (1726-1804) in the 1750s. These latter tables are listed in the 1804 Inventory in the Steward's Room (Inventory of the Household Goods and Furniture in Kedleston House belonging to the Rt. Hon. Nath. Lord Scarsdale decd., December 1804, Kedleston Archives). The Kedleston tables were sold by the Kedleston Estate Trustees in these Rooms, 4 July 2002, lot 123.
The unusual flattened angle brackets and pegged construction relate to Dublin furniture of the mid-18th Century.