The elegant chimneypiece, appropriate for a dining-room, is designed in the George III 'Roman' fashion of the 1780s. A bacchic urn is displayed amongst flowered acanthus in the tablet of the frieze, which is antique fluted with golden sienna marble, while libation patterae are displayed in tablets above the projecting taper-hermed pilasters, which display festive bacchic thyrsae on antique-fluted altar-plinths.
Campsea Ashe High House was a late 16th century house that was enlarged in the early 18th century when the wings and a grand marble entrance or 'banqueting' hall were added. The house was remodelled by Anthony Salvin (1799-1881) circa 1870 using much of the original structure and interior and purchased in 1883 by the Hon. William Lowther from the Sheppard family, owners of the estate since 1648.