This bidet is likely to have formed part of the furnishings provided for the Royal Household by the Mount Street firm of Tatham, Bailey and Saunders (see The Dictionary of English Furniture Makers 1660-1840, Leeds, 1986, pp. 277-279). It bears the George IV inventory brand (Room 44), and another for 1866, when it was at Windsor Castle, listed in Room 151. With its Egyptian reeded legs it relates to bidets 'with slip on covers, turned reeded legs and Wedgwood pans' that formed part of the furnishings supplied from 1811 for Tatton Park, Cheshire, under the direction of the architect, Lewis Wyatt (d. 1835) (N. Goodison and J. Hardy, 'Gillows at Tatton Park', Furniture History, 1970, pp. 1-39, pl. 14A).