The elliptic-ended Grecian sofa, whose tablet rail displays a black-inlaid Grecian ribbon fret, has its arm supported by a scrolled lion-monopodia as featured on a bed pattern in Thomas Sheraton's Cabinet-maker and Upholsterer's Encyclopedia, 1804, pl. 3 of beds. The same pattern was adopted for a round-ended Grecian sofa supplied for George, Prince of Wales's Carlton House in 1807 (E. Joy, English Furniture 1800-1851, London, 1977, p. 34).
The present sofa bears the CL brand of Cumberland Lodge, the name adopted for Windsor Great Lodge during George IV's Regency. It is likely to have formed part of the bedroom furnishings introduced in 1815, when some £2,000 of furnishings were invoiced during the period the prince Regent's architect John Nash was carrying out improvements (J. Roberts, Royal Landscape, London, 1997, p. 333-346.)